Monday, March 23, 2015

BIRD NEWS:19

The second week of March began and this month I do not expect to visit Naboo and Bluey until late if at all, due to taking a weekend trip to Paris. The weather was sunny and a few degrees warmer, resulting in many of the birds commencing nesting activities in sync with the frogs egging the pond.

As my Paris trip approached, I wondered - what were French birds like? I had read that there were pigeons in Paris - with the usual love/hate relationship from human citizens. What other birds dwelled there, though - and were there pigeons at the sites I would see?

A few days before leaving for my weekend away, I took a few shots of the birds in the yard - or tried to. This was supposed to be a shot of Ditty the dove investigating the tree as a possible nesting site - but as Naboo, she was somewhat too fast for my camera.






The day before my travels, I dug over the veg plot - so the soil was loose for the birds to find their own food whilst I was absent. However, I did prepare a large tray filled with goodies to leave on the bird table for them, also.



3 comments:

  1. That third shot of Ditty is pretty good. I love how Mr. Bob sits on top of that pole. His own private lookout tower. :D

    When you leave out food like that, do the birds pace themselves, or did they eat it all at once and then have nothing till you got back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am not sure as i was not here to know - but when i got back theree was only some of the bread lumps left...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess that means they only eat till they're full. :)

    ReplyDelete