Friday, March 27, 2015

BIRD NEWS:20 - Pigeons In Paris

Paris was my first vacation in almost a decade, apart from various day trips and relocating overseas back in 2009. I was only taking a long weekend away, but hoped to spot some birdlife. Yes, Paris did have birds although not as many as Sussex, Wollongong, or even Sydney.

Whilst others in the location were 'only' taking shots of the 'just to the left' Eiffel Tower, I 'also' took a shot of this fellow. I have posted both the regular and close up shots for you, so you can see both Paris and the pigeon.




In the suburban location at which I was staying, I had a pleasant view from the window. Birds sighted include one of those 'big black birds' (rook/crow/raven), a magpie, and a pair of pigeons. The latter I managed to catch on camera - although you might not be able to tell unless you saw them land on the barrier of someones' deck and realized that they were not blobs but birds.




As the hung around that bar for a while, I assume the owner of the apartment feeds them. Yes, this next shot is back in the city of Paris - and yes it is the famed Champs El. street with the L'arc Du Triomphe - but can you spot the pigeon? Alas, neither can I - although I do recall there having been one somewhere when scurrying through my bag to extract the camera...

4 comments:

  1. Do birds come out at night? I thought they slept when it got dark. That's an interesting view of Paris behind the pigeon-- it doesn't look any different from Boston from that angle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The city streets are lit up - a sort of fake daytime - I didn't see many, but i did spot a couple of pigeons on the street at one point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its like in my old home maybe - the city is lit up all night, so some birds have a shorter night and just zzz for a few hours but make use of the extended daytime.

    ReplyDelete