Tuesday, March 3, 2015

BIRD NEWS:13 & crows...

The skies were darkening with another shower approaching, not long after the light shower had stopped and I had arrived in Worthing. The beach gang were making the most of Valentine's Day...
...shall we take a closer look at this pigeon romance...?



Eventually they decided it was too cold for that sort of thing and got on with food-hunting again. In flew the funny-colored one to complete the group. he seemed to remember I meant FOOD.


 
However, I did not get any shots of my friends eating the food I had brought for them. Just ten minutes before the bus left to take me on to my coffee-meet with friends in Lancing, they approached closer...

...but not quite close enough to the food itself. I had tossed a couple of lumps of baked disaster (failed fried rava dosai that I made into a loaf to save it from the bin) down along with wild bird seed. Alas, they had missed the food this time - hopefully they found it after I left them to the beach and went onwards with my journey.

Now HERE is the link to an article about someone else who feeds birds - and gets gifts for her trouble. it says crows - but I spot pigeons and a squirrel in there too....


4 comments:

  1. Aw, bird romance is cute. I guess those pictures would be disqualified from Emma's contest. :D

    That's a great picture of the light-colored bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They might just be, lol. Yeah that off-color pigeon is one of the beach gang that usually hangs out there, so I know if i spot it the gang's around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's an amazing story about the little girl and the crows. It just goes to show how intelligent birds really are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed - the birds in Australia were like that - they could sense who to trust and would come into our house with us. But British birds do not seem to have that sense as much - or not the local ones. It is great to read stories of other bird-human friendships.

    ReplyDelete