Tuesday, March 31, 2015

BIRD NEWS:21

Back to my house in England, Chackie decided to reinvestigate the windowsill as a cafe site, but did not get beyond the tree. However, this gave me the opportunity to get a better shot of her than I have in some time.




The middle of March continued Post-Paris, and I took a few shots from the kitchen window of sparrows on the path near my veg plot. Mostly, they were busy hunting for food, either natural or provided.

Over the past week, since my return, the robin has been mostly absent as has the thrush. I assume that now it is spring, neither will make a regular appearance until late next fall - although the robin is likely to pop out from time to time, especially when feeding its young.

The blackbirds are active and ravenous. There are two pairs, as last year. One pair is nesting in the prickly tree between our house and next door, whilst the other appear to be nesting in the tree outside my window - which also has other occupants...



Ditty and partner dove appear to have decided to use my tree as a hang-out spot and possibly a nesting place. A dunnock has also been seen entering the lower regions of the tree with straw in its beak, as well as a second dunnock nesting below the prickly tree. i am yet to catch up on the pigeons, but none seem to be nesting in the main tree as yet - maybe it is already too overcrowded!

2 comments:

  1. Those are some nice, clear shots of Chackie and Ditty. I hope the pigeons haven't been chased off by all the activity. Maybe there's a maximum population density that they will tolerate. I'm kind of like that. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it isn't as windy or dark lately so the photos come out clearer!

    ReplyDelete