Wednesday, March 18, 2015

BIRD NEWS:17

At the end of February's third week, I managed to catch a shot of Curio collecting dried grass. Alas, my camera batteries died on me as she perched on the rose arch with a beakful, prior to flying into the prickly berry tree next the kitchen window - BUT it appears the birds, akin to frogs, assume it is now spring.


I changed the batteries. Chackie landed on the bird table to munch some semolina cake and seed - the debris in the yard got in the way, as did the rose arch, though. I therefore changed to the coffee hide from kitchen to try to get a better shot...



 
Before long, Curio was at it again - darting about the yard searching for nesting materials. Yet this time, she did not perch close to the kitchen window with a beakful of debris, so I did not get a decent up-close shot.


2 comments:

  1. That's a good angle from the coffee hide, with the birdhouse framed by the window and with the basket in the foreground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks - my windowsills always seem to be cluttered, lol - never empty....

    ReplyDelete