Saturday, June 6, 2015

BIRD NEWS:44

The third week of May resulted in my waking up somewhat early on a few occasions. I took a photo shortly after it was light enough to do so as the young starlings climbed from their inner-roof nest and prepared preenfully for the day ahead. It was not long before they reached my yard and waited for me to give their parents the food they would eat to start the new day.




The next day, also waking before 5am, I took a photo of a sleeping wood pigeon zzzing in the tree outside my window. I do not know if he had been there all night, or flown there ready for food and dozed off again...


I took a 700-run, but not this time to visit the parrot and budgie for coffee. I did not stop off at Worthing to capture any pigeon pictures either, on this trip. Instead, I took the bus direct to Brighton, where my first indulgence was to sit on the beach for a few minutes relaxing. These two shots are of the 'black beach bird' that strolled past. (Yes, one of those birds I cannot identify reliably..)




On the bank holiday Monday in the final week of the month, I sauntered up our local hill - Highdown. I did not stay long, but whilst there managed to spot one of THOSE 'big black birds' that I still find it difficult to identify - whether on beach or not.




3 comments:

  1. I like that really tall picture. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would too - if the bird came out a little clearer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's still pretty good. If the bird was completely into the light green part, it would be cool, but it's still really nice.

    ReplyDelete