Wednesday, June 3, 2015

BIRD NEWS:42

Today, I will share some shots from mid-May. Firstly, the youngest crop of starlings decided to investigate a lump of bread and my veg plot.




It was not long before they decided - all at once - to take a bath. No worries if they all crammed in at the same time - it was water, and that was what mattered. One loner preferred the dry ground, though.




Later that same day the starlings were in the tree awaiting parental feeding and one youngster decided to investigate my windowsill, seing as so many birds found it worthwhile landing upon. What was that funny huge monster in there - with a shiny pink box - hmm....




I will finish today's report with a VIDEO showing the tree outside my window. While the photography may not bring to light many of the birds, I am hoping the audio quality is sufficient to prove that they are there, practicing their bird-band repertoire.

2 comments:

  1. I like that Bird Band recording. Very relaxing.

    It's interesting that the young starling was so curious about the windowsill. It seems like every generation gets a little more understanding that you are their benefactor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well that is the sort of background noise I hear from 4am thru 9pm.... nice.
    well, i guess if the grandparents know i wont harm them....but it sure takes a longgggggg time to get them to et used to me in comparison to Aussie.

    ReplyDelete