Friday, June 19, 2015

BIRD NEWS:49



Here is a close up that I took to start my 'photographic shoot' pause to the wheelchair gang's Arundel excursion. You can find out some facts about these birds HERE.

While I was quickly grabbing the two shots so far shared, another of our quartet spotted some activity on the far bank of the River Arun. A parent and group of young swans were hanging out on the bank. At first count, I thought there might be 6, but it turned out that there were 7 cygnets accompanying parent swan.




Just as I took my first two clicks, not knowing how bright the sign of 'COFFEE' was flashing in my friends' eyes - aka how many shots I had time to take - the swan family took off from the bank and headed out across the river, more or less in our direction. I took another shot or two of the brown/black headed gull while taking a quick look at the other three members of our trip - none of whom seemed in a hurry, although at this stage 2 were still seated in wheelchairs.




Back home, Bubster-Pidge continued to view me and meditate when I read for an hour before work, young robin and multiple young starlings have been viewed, and a pair of young blackbirds are now also hanging out the yard - as well as a pair of young jackdaws.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those pictures of the swans came out fantastic. The close-up of the black-headed gull is great, too. Don't let Scotty find out he has a chocolate head. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hee...yes it might be best to ensure our chocaholic pal is well chocolatified before mentioning the gull....

    ReplyDelete