Tuesday, June 16, 2015

BIRD NEWS:48

Back home, I managed to get 2 shots of the young robin despite the wind blurring one attempt. It seems to know that food appears on my sill, so may be a regular one day.




Of course, being back home, it was not long before another pigeon-photo opportunity arrived. Bubster-Pidge settled down on his favored branch to meditate whilst I read for a while before work in the first week of June.




It was still the first week of June when I took these next two shots as well. Bubster-Pidge had been meditating in the tree while I took a nap, it seems. I reached for my camera as a ''whoosh'' - a young jackdaw appeared nearby. Bubster-Pidge was a little unsure of this bird, about the same size as him but a very different color... The young Jackdaw ignored him altogether and preened then rested. They both sat there for a few minutes.




It was the middle of the first week of summer/June when I had a phone call - inviting me - and my wheelchair-pushing hands - to join in on an excursion with 'the wheelchair gang' to Arundel. Between viewing the carpet of flowers display at the cathedral and a coffee date we walked past the River Arun where I called a short halt to grab a picture or two of some black-headed gulls - with brown heads...




2 comments:

  1. Nice shot of the black-headed gull with the bridge in the background. The robin, too. That's a plump pigeon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Bubster-Pidge puffs himself out and sits like that a lot. Its mostly feathers though, not fat!

    ReplyDelete