Saturday, January 16, 2016

BIRD NEWS:108





A pair of ducks were quite tame and friendly, coming up towards me - though I am sure a pink metal box is not 'food' in their eyes. They soon got fed up of me however, and returned to their group in the moat. As I said in my last post, I then went back to town again for the second cup of wine...



After another wander about town, I returned yet again to the moat, this time spotting a swan to photograph...



...and a duck.


Catching up back home, Mr Black and Curio are still around - but the other pair of blackbirds may have to find a new home - the shed roof covered in ivy above upon the wall next to my prickly tree is no longer there. Thankfully my tree is on my side of the fence and remains in situ for the birds liking the yellow berries, but alas the second pair of blackbirds' home is now GONE!

Mr Bob has been seen, but not as much as usual for this time of year - and I am thankful he chose my ivy covered washing pole as his home - but poor Beatie will have no nesting box for 2016. Hopefully she will like somewhere in MY yard. I have one side of house and 2 sides of nature left.

3 comments:

  1. The duck with the yellow beak and the duck with the orange beak must be friends or mates. They always seem to show up in pictures together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they could be....male and female, so...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I meant by "mates." :D

    ReplyDelete