Tuesday, January 19, 2016

BIRD NEWS:110


Now I have finished with the live bird shots from Arundel, but I do have one last shot to share from my trip. Regular readers may recall I took a photo of a window displaying several statue birds and decided to go back in the darker evening. I did so, and this is what I saw:


Well, there were 2 bird statues left, but mostly they had been removed and a tree erected instead. I am still uncertain if it is a house, a store, or both in one - but whatever it was, it was obviously a display. That brings us to the end of that excursion, which appears to have filled multiple blog posts. The trip was taken in the first Saturday of December.


On the Sunday, I took a shot from home - of a pair of pigeons on a neighbor's roof. The second week of December 2015 began and I took a couple of shots of Pidge in the garden - alas, the first one is more artsy than clear, and the second not that good unless you are into colors and fuzzy beaks...



Back home from my trip, things were somewhat stagnant in the yard, with all the clearances next door removing the blue tit nesting house, bird bath, bird feeder, and bird table and the absent sparrow hedge.

However, I do have one bit of super news to share on this matter. While moping over coffee at a friend's place, the suggestion to put in a request for the bird feeder cropped up - I had sort of pondered over pinching it, as I know the lady who used to live next door wouldn't have minded - we both love birds...

The very next day, the opportunity arose to do so. I had just gotten home from my allotment and spotted the council guy beginning to clear the junk from the back yard next door - I asked and I got BOTH bird feeder poles - which are now safely hammered into my back yard. YEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!



If you ever wondered what a murmuration looks like - view THIS video. I have been tempted to visit the Brighton starling murmuration thyat a friend told me about - but am usually coming home by the time it gets dark enough.


4 comments:

  1. I guess those birds in the window flew the coop.

    That's a great picture of your backyard. Very bird friendly indeed.

    I love that video of the murmuration. It's a giant bird dance in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes OUR yard is bird friendly - alas... a second local lady has passed away and SHE had a feeder/bird house etc in HER yard... I am begining to wonder if we will be the only bird-sanctuary around these parts soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh oh. I hope the same thing doesn't happen to her yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too - though it will meamn more birds in our yard, i suppose...

    ReplyDelete