Sunday, February 7, 2016

BIRD NEWS:119




I took a few more shots of the feeder pole being used by starlings - and caught Pidge munching the dropped crumbs below! This is not the first time; there is often a blackbird or pigeon or dove below eating the messy starling's dropped peckings.


These next two shots were taken on Christmas day 2015. Pidge is back below the starlings eating crumbs - but this time it is not suet ball or homemade bread - but Christmas pudding with seed. I purchased a mini pudding, cut it into quarters, and rolled it in bird seed...



Boxing day took me further afield. I took a 700 run for the second time in December. This time, I arrived in Worthing and slowly dawdled along the gale swept coast towards Lancing. I spotted one of those big black birds on the wall...

2 comments:

  1. Aw, Christmas pudding for the birds. Cool. :D

    I'm loving these wide yard shots with the bird feeder and all. It's a nice little sanctuary.

    ReplyDelete