Sunday, February 21, 2016

BIRD NEWS:124


Bubster Pidge wanted seed - so stood on the branch and stared in at me til I noticed and provided seed! January is a lot colder than October thru December has been this season, and the birds really began to get stuck into the food requests by the time the frosts came at the end of the second week. Bubster Pidge, Mr Bob, Mr Black and a couple of sparrows have all queued up on the tree or sill in hope.



Curio is the tamest of the birds when I go outside as a rule - often looking on without flying away if I hang laundry on the line while she pecks in the bird table nearby. Mr Bob or his wife has also gotten tame again now the icy weather is hitting hard. This morning as I went out to refill the suet ball and pastry feeders, one of the pair stood on the feeder until I was almost right up to it.


As you can see, the starlings are munching away merrily at the feeder - although I have also spotted sparrows and Beatie munching away. The pigeons, doves, robins and blackbirds all munch the dropped crumbs below.



2 comments:

  1. Love that pic of Bubster Pidge peeking in the window. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes its nice to see a friendly face thats happy to see me....

    ReplyDelete