Friday, September 16, 2016

BIRD NEWS:225


One last shot of that heron. I then exited the hide and strolled along further. As often appears to be the case, humans were not alone on the pathways. Dozing ducks this time had to be avoided rather than trodden upon as I made my way along.



Also, 2 parents and one child coots strolled the path as well as us viewing humans. This shot above shows the difference between adult and child fairly well, I think. The youngster then thought its parent had found something it wanted - maybe a tasty treat...



This shot is of a hole in a thatched roof - hmm, yes... If you are wondering what it is, it appears to be the entry/exit hole of the swallow family who have now apparently left. But here is an info board to remind you of what they look like, seeing as I did not get any pictures on this excursion.



This board shows a tree creeper. I have yet to spot one, although on the day of typing my notes into blogs I went to Arundel again and did manage to see a reed warbler this trip!

2 comments:

  1. I like those dozing ducks. They are clearly comfortable with people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are a lot of visitors there, so.....

    ReplyDelete