Friday, September 30, 2016

BIRD NEWS:231



This shot shows the view just before the cafe area - though on this occasion I did not bother to stop for refreshments as it was raining and I did not fancy sitting indoors - even if there was a lake outside the windows. These birds were not the subject of the photo though - but appeared in the top half. In the lower segment of my picture I photographed the star of the show - a pigeon!


Not so long ago, on my last trip, this fellow was up on the cafe roof, and a trip or two before that I got a shot of him wandering the path...but here it is napping in the drizzly shower!



Next up, we skip forward to September 2016 and here is a visitor to my windowsill. Hello Ditty! Hmm, looks like Ditty is more interested in the seeds than camera for a while...



Ditty did rest and peer in after munching her meal, though.


The next door neighbors put up a large 6 foot wooden fence yesterday, the first Saturday of the new month and I was wondering how the birds would react. I am glad to say the starlings and sparrows have already accepted it is there and gotten on with their tasks of demolishing the stock in the feeder pole!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that fence finally went up and your backyard is safe again.

    I think Ditty has her eye on the Green Ginger Wine. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. well its all gone and the bottle is filled with soil and a chili seedling now!!!!

    ReplyDelete