Thursday, September 22, 2016

BIRD NEWS:228



Two more shots of the pigeons resting or nesting on the cafe roof were taken, whilst I rested but did not nest below sipping refreshments. The pigeons were not alone on the roof - a black-headed gull was also in situ - but I only took one shot of him, most were of the pigeons.



That was indeed another trip to Arundel Wetlands reserve concluded. On my way home, I spotted a bird shaped cloud though - so took a photo of that also. By the time I took the snap, it had faded a little, but you can more or less see that it looks bird-shaped.



Next up, we are back home and here are a pair of recent residents in the tall dead trees at the back of the garden - magpies. I am quite happy that they are enjoying the trees, also that they have come to eat windfalls in my yard when I have some - but... alas, some of the smaller birds are not so keen on their presence.


What are another lot of geese doing in my next photo? Well, this past week I have had some time off from my evening job, so when I also had the afternoon free, I popped off to Arundel again! Here are a familiar family to regular readers that are now slightly older than in the last trips' shots. Also somewhat older now, the trumpeter swan and his brood - on my initial trip this year, they were nesting still.


2 comments:

  1. That's a cool picture of the magpies in the dead tree. The gray sky in the background adds to the ominous atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...been a bit that way today too - but without the magpies - only sparrows!

    ReplyDelete