Friday, January 6, 2017

BIRD NEWS:277


After eating the fence - and spotting me spotting them - the birds all trooped 'home' in single file. Next, I strolled past the feeding area where I spotted a few eiders and other birds. I did not intend to spend very long at the Wetlands reserve today due to the Christmas festival in town - but had to take a couple of pictures.


A mallard and a moorhen are among the birds hanging out with the eider ducks in the above photograph. Regular readers will understand why I took the next shot - pigeons!


As I stopped for a quick coffee on my way out, I took a photo or two through the restaurant lookout windows. There were quite a few tufted ducks as well as terns on the water. There were some geese as well, although my shot attempting to capture them along with the info board about tufted ducks did not come out too well, as they filled the island.


Nor did my shot of a tufted duck and the identification board come out very well. I decided to leave the reserve and head back into Arundel to explore the Christmas celebrations again.

2 comments:

  1. The info board didn't come out too well, but the tufted duck did, especially if you look at the full-sized picture.

    I love the shot of all the birds on the little island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its probably because it was indoors - normally i shoot them outdoors.

    ReplyDelete