Thursday, January 12, 2017

BIRD NEWS:280



I progressed, post munch, and I spotted a pheasant couple. I then passed a male and female duck swimming with a pair of another variety on the bank.

I got a rather good shot of the Bewicks' swans this trip - with one dozing away as I strolled past. In the hide I went into next, I spotted more pheasants, ducks and a grey heron.


In fact, I took rather a lot of photos of the heron, in case it did not show clearly as it was quite distant.


A quick back home update, and by the time I did get home from my trip in the early afternoon on this occasion, I found quite a lot of activity in the back yard - the feeders' seed tube was over half way empty! There were multiple starlings and sparrows at work - and my friendly wood pigeon munching crumbs below - eyeing the sparrows patiently...

2 comments:

  1. The heron is interesting. He appears to be walking on the water rather than swimming.

    Is that somebody's house in the background? Or some kind of a ranger station or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the heron is hunting - wading around looking for stuff to dip in and eat. the house....i am not sure, but is probabaly a house...there are a few dotted about in the countryside arund the town.

    ReplyDelete