Saturday, January 7, 2017

BIRD NEWS:278



As I left the wetlands reserve and walked back into Arundel, I passed Swanborne Lake. I took a shot or two of those geese that had greeted me on one occasion while I passed by. Oh look what I found when I got back to town!


Yes - more dove or show pigeon statues! Finally from that trip in early December, 2 more birds in the same window display.

Back home and December continued. Pigeons fought on the windowsill for the suet and seed, observed by a tiny sparrow which does not quite get into this shot.


Meanwhile below the feeder post starlings munch fallen goodies and stale suet balls. That brings us to Christmas - and of course, I got a shot of a pigeon eating crumbs as I did my extensive cooking spree!

4 comments:

  1. The picture with the old-fashioned gate and building, and all the birds in the lot is very interesting. What is that exactly? The entrance to the wetlands or the lake, or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. its where you go in to walk round Swanborne Lake - the building is a sort of cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i walked round a couple years back...but not recently. if i spend a whole day there i might go round again

    ReplyDelete