Sunday, January 15, 2017

BIRD NEWS:281





One last shot of that heron, before I move on. The trumpeter swan family were over the other side in the distance on this trip. Nearby I spotted an info board and discovered a new set of displays connected to the 12 days of Christmas carol. I managed to capture 11 of the 12 on my camera - but am not sure where number 2 was, so missed that one out. Although not all were about birds, most were.


Next, a spot of excitement - a bird of prey was circling above - it was being chased by a seagull but had a partner nearby that joined it soon after my photography.


I was of course too far away to tell for sure, and assumed it might be the peregrine falcon - although from looking at my photos it appears to be just a buzzard. I then passed another storyboard or 2.

1 comment:

  1. Nice shot of the wake spreading out behind the heron as he swims away.

    ReplyDelete