Sunday, January 8, 2017

BIRD NEWS:279 and VIDEOS



Much of late December, there were birds amassed below the feeder. In fact, as the month got closer to the end, the visiting birds grew in numbers. By Boxing Day, the starlings shared with the sparrows and pigeons. I rather like the shot I got of one starling in flight, 'shouting' as it headed to the food...


It was the 27th when I took my next trip from home. As I walked towards the bus stop, I spotted 6 wood pigeons on the phone lines above the road - one flew away before I took this shot though.


Yes, you guessed it - my trip was to Arundel Wetland reserve again. The above shot is the lake near the cafe, and it being frosty and exceedingly nippy, I started my visit with a hot coffee! Most of the birds in the above shot are eider.

Here, while sipping my cuppa, I took 2 videos. The first longer one offers the squeaky quacks of a duck or goose along with the eiders 'corrrrr', then 3 flying mallards leaving the lake, and ends with a flock of show pigeons/city pigeons in flight.
 
The second video is fairly short and shows my lunch, half consumed, and the view I had while consuming it beyond.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, that picture of the backyard is the best one ever. Beautifully composed with a bunch of birds, and one in mid flight. I love that.

    I'd be careful walking under those phone lines. :D

    Nice videos, too. "This cuppa supports conservation."

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol yep enjoy your coffee - and it is helpful too!

    ReplyDelete