Tuesday, February 21, 2017

BIRD NEWS:295



Here are the black-necked swans, along with a pair of mute swans in the second shot. Mute swans are 'normal' for our area, and can be sighted easily on waterways such as the moat in Arundel and river Arun in Arundel and Littlehampton.


I continued towards the cafe/exit and spotted an info board concerning eiders - with a living example right next to it. Other than in Arundel, I do not recall having sighted eiders, although they are a resident bird.

This concludes my late-January visit to Arundel. Perhaps next month, on my excursion, the mating rituals will have commenced and bright plumaged birds will be performing for my camera.

My next trip was to Brighton and on my way home, I took my camera out while on the top layer of ther double decker bus and took a shot of a row of pigeons above one of the shops. The seagull is a reflection through the bus window from the other side in the close up picture...


Back home, and I had 3 wood pigeons on the fence at once. Alas, one flew away before I could grab my camera from the spare room to take the photo.

2 comments:

  1. Man, Starbucks are everywhere. That looks like a nice old building, though.

    ReplyDelete