Saturday, May 30, 2015

BIRD NEWS:41


I will start today's post with a few shots of the youngest pigeon preening and then settling in my tree. These were taken in the middle of May.





As you can see, this Bubster-Pidge is not at all fussed by my camera - phew. Big brother, Teen-Pidge, is somewhat more reserved, however. These next two shots show the difference between this years brood - the friendly and the not so friendly...




Bubster-Pidge likes to observe me when I read in the evening, which I tend to do for around 30-45 minutes before work. Although I read silently, to myself, it is as though he can mind-read as I go. Perhaps he just picks up the calm vibe. Whichever if either the case may be, attentive he is.




Of course, pigeons are not the only birds in the yard - even if they appear in most of my blog posts. There has recently been an abundance of young starlings. These are quite noisy, specially when sitting in the nursery tree and spotting a parent bird with a beakfull of something tasty appear. A loud, eruptive, screechy rattle-scream appears in my ears at such times. The birds could in fact be a band of musicians - with the starlings as percussion, pigeons as bass, and blackbirds as lead guitar/singer - and the sparrows providing backing vox, lol.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds beautiful. You should record their songs as well as take their pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I did... It is contained in a 'video with sound' and will be appearing in my next blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great. Here I go to check it out.

    ReplyDelete