Thursday, April 7, 2016

BIRD NEWS:137

As I mentioned in my last post, I went on a 700-run early in March. Alas, I only had a couple of hours notice, so it was not a 700-run inclusive of that pair of birds at Lancing that make a regular appearance. This trip, I took the bus in a different direction - West not East.



My first two shots are of a pigeon strolling placidly along the pedestrian area of North Street, Chichester. I am sure shoppers and passers by thought me totally crazy to extract a camera and take a couple of shots of the little fellow, whilst they busily bustled about ignoring or shooing away the birds, but.....it's a PIGEON!

My next stop was Priory Park - where long-term readers may recall there is an aviary with budgies in that takes my camera's fancy. Alas, the adjoining cafe was closed for another 2 weeks - so my intentions to grab a coffee and possibly a healthy snack lunch and sit to watch the birds was axed. I simply took a few shots and then marched right on out of the park - after using their toilets as there is a shortage of public loos in Chichester.



2 comments:

  1. Those are great budgie pictures. Nice, soft colors.

    And who cares if people think you're crazy? They're the crazy ones if they don't appreciate nature. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... well i didnt care enough to let them stop me!!! More beautiful budgy pictures in future posts...

    ReplyDelete