Saturday, April 9, 2016

BIRD NEWS:138




I still have some more budgie shots to share from my trip to Priory Park in Chichester. As I mentioned in a previous post, they were taken in a rush due to the adjoining cafe being shut preventing my obtaining a leisurely lunch. Instead, I decided to rush on home ignoring lunch altogether and have an early dinner after stopping off in East Street and then getting off the bus at Littlehampton to pick up some more groceries.


This shot shows a wooden wheel 'toy'. A budgie flies onto a perch, and it swings around - a bit like a water wheel. I have not seen what happens if several land at the same time - but that's what happens when one lands upon it.



Back home, the birds in the back yard were munching away ravenously - although there were in fact no ravens among them. I did spot a blackcap munching suet ball in the feeder, and also Chackie sitting on top of it before flying into the bird table to eat left over home made pizza pastry.

Below the feeder I spotted a pair of doves - probably Ditty and partner - and a blackbird - probably Mr Black. On the tree, Mr Bob and some sparrows awaited my return and the next meal to be put outside. But I still have just a few more pictures to share from my trip -


2 comments:

  1. Those budgies are beautiful. The greenish yellow and whitish blue go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a variety in that aviary - I didnt know which ones to photograph first! I tried to get each color represented at some stage - but it takes a LOT of pictures!!

    ReplyDelete