Saturday, April 23, 2016

BIRD NEWS:144


The next shot from my latest 700-run is of one of those 'big black birds' walking along the bridge railing at Shoreham. I only hopped off the bus long enough to buy and consume a quick regular coffee and was back on board as the next slightly delayed bus approached 15 minutes afterwards. This allowed me to be in Brighton not long after I would have arrived on a normal 700-run, when stopping off to visit friends in Lancing rather than working then rushing along later on.


As in my last trip, I went upstairs on the double decker bus to take some pictures on my way home after a brief half hour shopping spree to 3 stores. Here we have the bus shelter roof - once again, pigeon poop but no pigeons - or is there....? Perhaps you can spot one...


There it is! Wandering about the mass of fast-stepping feet munching crumbs nearby the janitor trolley. This was the last bird I managed to photograph from my bus trip home, however I did capture a few shots while walking across the PYO fields on my way home from the bus stop. As I walked across the dry early-spring fields, I spotted a pair of wagtails in the mud ruts behind the pile of discarded crops.



You may need to view a close up shot to spot them -

2 comments:

  1. That picture of the people watching the pigeon eat is adorable. :D And I can see the sign that says "700."

    Was it foggy that day, or is there some kind of glass screen in the picture with the Ferry Bridge sign?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, that good old bus thta gets me places to take these snaps - and shop. it is a glass panel, or plastic - something everyday.

    ReplyDelete