Wednesday, April 27, 2016

BIRD NEWS:147


Pidge continued to observe Ditty, but also to preen, just keeping one eye on proceedings to ensure there would be some seeds left when he got hungry later - or at least to ensure I was still around to offer more, if not.



The following day, Ditty rested from nesting on my sill and meditated for around 2 hours... I took several photos, moved around the room a little, but she did not budge from her newly found preferred spot.



Spring has definitely arrived, but no-one has as yet moved into the nesting box, alas. (Since originally writing this post, they have!!) Several times I have spotted blue-tits investigating - but none have stayed longer than 5-10 minutes. Maybe later on, or maybe next year, or maybe some other species...


I wonder if you can guess why Pidge is looking so anxious and surprised in this final photo for today's posting?

4 comments: