Thursday, November 3, 2016

BIRD NEWS:247



Either another form of heron or an egret of some sort was wading to the left and came out clearer being white rather than grey. You can also see a couple of gulls gliding past.




I walked back past the trumpeter swan family - still busy preening. Next, here is another info-board. I have not actually spotted one of these gadwells, I don't think - perhaps next trip - or perhaps I did and did not notice them.



I will look out for one of these fellows - but have not as yet spotted one back home. I wandered past the open-air feeder station on the reedbed walk as nothing was happening on this trip, but inside the woodland hide there were 4 tits. I spotted great tits, blue tits, march tits and coal tits on this trip.

3 comments:

  1. I like those wide shots with the giant bushes in the background, especially the one with the swan sticking his neck up in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um... thats not a swan, its an egret or a heron!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, okay. I saw the super-long neck and thought it was a swan.

    ReplyDelete