Saturday, November 26, 2016

BIRD NEWS:259


Here are the black necked swans - again. I was just taking a photo of a pretty black and white duck that was floating nearby....when BANG!


A loud gunshot sound was heard and multiple crow-rook-raven birds filled the air in fear. I hasten to add that the gun was not fired in the reserve, but in nearby parkland. Several ducks, gulls and geese also took to the air in shock, before resettling.


My attention was soon taken by a pair of geese who were 'kissing' just before I took these shots. They swam away instead of continued their romance, though.


This pair were the next birds to take my camera's attention. For my final photo of this post, I managed to show the info board and a living specimen in the same picture -

2 comments:

  1. Yikes. I hope there's no danger of bullets coming into the reserve. That sure is a great picture of the sky filled with birds, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no its some place the other sideof Swanbourne Lake...couple of miles away at least.

    ReplyDelete