Tuesday, November 15, 2016

BIRD NEWS:253


One last shot of the beach at Bognor before I get back up to date with November pictures and news. We are now onto the pictures from the first weekend of November - and where should I have visited this Saturday, but Bognor Regis again!



First a shot of gulls on the beach and second a shot of - - - a pigeon flying through the air, alas not a close enough shot to be of much use. I then travelled back towards home, stopping off in Rustington. As I walked along to the bus stop after shopping, I spotted the colony of show pigeons that had formerly resided upon the roof next door at All Seasons - until the building was repaired and roofing-deterrents attached.



What a delightful group of snow white show pigeons! There were quite a few in Rustington - far more than the 3 white/one gray and 2 other colored we had on our roof back in Wollongong, although of course not as tame.



It was quite sunny, so I could not tell for sure if I had taken a decent shot - so took quite a few.

2 comments:

  1. Roofing deterrents? That's not very friendly. At least they didn't have to go far to find a new home.

    I love that shot with the bench and the shed. Very artsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of people don't want pigeon poohs on their property - so put up rubber spikes so that the birds cannot sit or stand on the roof edges. I agree with you and the pigeons that its not friendly, but... yeah i think the shed thing is some sort of food kiosk.

    ReplyDelete