Tuesday, November 29, 2016

BIRD NEWS:261



As promised, the answer to my puzzle-question at the end of my last post: The boat guide was pointing out the dead trees where peregrines and buzzards hang out and a fellow passenger with better sighting equipment than eyes announced there was a bird perched there - so I took the distant shot, hoping that a computer enlargement might tell me what the bird was.

I think the above shot is JUST clear enough to show that it is most likely to be a peregrine falcon I spotted - or my camera spotted - for my eyes were not a pair of binoculars! HERE is a link to information on the bird, so that you can make your mind up.

The dark head, white neck and stripey gray belly look suspiciously like a peregrine falcon to me - and they are known to hang out on that very tree! That concludes my early November trip to Arundel.

Back home, and I glanced up from the computer to spot Pidge on the holly tree... I have spotted sparrows there before, but never a pigeon! Pidge was gobbling down berries rapidly and enjoying them...

I have recently started to continue to redecorate my bedroom - so far, I have only spent one night downstairs in the recently renovated spare room - former bedsit/lounge. The above view is my real bedroom window - alas, not where I will sleep for the next few weeks. No more waking to hear Mr Black sing or Mr Bob chirp for food, after a night of tree shuffling and animal snuffling - for now.

Finally for today's post, another home-shot. The magpies have settled in for the late fall season - to munch the last remains of fallen rotting apples that the blackbirds have left.

1 comment: