Saturday, November 19, 2016

BIRD NEWS:255


Early November, and here are the resident Bewick's swans at Arundel Wetlands Reserve. Regular readers may have noticed they appear quite regularly. HERE is a link to an article connected to the swans and WWT.



HERE is a video I took shortly after taking the last 2 photos. Although there is a gull screech, you might make out the two hoot sounds the swan made. My next two shots are of a goldfinch munching niger seed in the wildlife garden, backed by a berry-sporting tree.


Regular readers may be aware of what generally follows and expect these next shots, as I tend to always go clockwise around the reserve. Yes - the trumpeter swans!


In these shots you can see that the cygnets are still not the adult color, although they are now the adult size as they have been for a couple of visits.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, look at all those trumpeter swans. I wonder how many there are. I think I counted at least 36. :D

    It's always nice to see a video, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, most of those were ducks! The trumpeter swan juveniles have begun to take on their adult color this week - just two weeks since these last shots were taken. It will interest me to see when they are fully adult colored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, well... lots of birds, anyway. :D

    ReplyDelete