Tuesday, April 4, 2017

BIRD NEWS:313



Here is Naboo calmly munching a piece of cardboard from a used cigarette carton. We then return home to a shot or two of Curio and Ditty under the bird feeder.


My next excursion was taken on the final weekend in March and was to Arundel again. There were several changes on this trip. The pair of Bewicks' swans had moved to an enclosure the other side of the pathway from their former residence. That was the first alteration I noted - although in my first shot, a mallard flew across and stole the limelight.


There were another couple of Dusty's across the pathway, as I lingered in the boat-trip/wildlife garden area awaiting a 30 minute talk. I wandered along towards the trumpeter swan lake and sure enough the adult pair were still in situ -

- but there was no sign at all of the juveniles - now almost a year of age. I am uncertain if they have been set free in the wild, transferred to another reserve, or sent abroad - or maybe they were just hiding. The adults certainly hid their heads!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Astronaut Dusty. That's pretty cool. :D

    I love how the mallard photobombed the swans. Perfect timing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I meant to mention how I love that picture of Naboo where you can see so much of his house. Is that carpet that he has in there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. its a furry blanket thing that hngs on his cage door that he uses as a bed!!!!

    ReplyDelete