Friday, April 14, 2017

BIRD NEWS:316



I wandered along near the lakes and ponds on my way to the cafe - taking photos of whichever birds looked interesting as I wandered coffeewards. A few posed for me, while others just got on with enjoying their own lives without bothering about who was watching them. This shabby tailed fellow was watching me, though.


Next up, a good picture of an Australian woodduck. When we lived in Woolooware, before Wollongong, we lived near the geese and duck colony at the inlet behind the Caringbah camellia gardens. There were quite a few of these birds there - as well as larger geese for my son and I to feed.


Eiders on the lake mean it is almost coffeetime! Their lake is situated in front of the cafe and one can often see a few glide about as one sips ones refreshments. They make an interesting noise - as regular readers may recall from a video I posted in one of my blogs last year.

2 comments:

  1. That's a great picture of the Australian Woodduck. But I like that shabby-tailed fellow, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shabby might be the one mentioned on a notice the last time i visitied - mit said one of the African shelducks had had medical problems and had had veterinary treatment...

    ReplyDelete