Saturday, April 22, 2017

BIRD NEWS:320



Still at Pulborough Brooks, my first two shots for today show a linnet. The first one is in need of the second close-up shot to identify the position of the bird, perhaps. I managed to see it quite well using Liz's binoculars, and took a photo 'just in case' it came out clear enough, but...


Now, back to those dove/pigeons. Well, there is a city pigeon hanging out with them, whichever of the two species they are!


There were quite a flock of them down, rummaging about for under-table crumbs. With Liz disappeared to fetch our drinks, and John enjoying the sunshine while pondering just how many photos I might take, I took rather a lot of photos.


There seemed to be a large flock, and at one stage Liz counted and we made the number to be between 16-20. It reminded me of my back yard in Wollongong, where I had previously lived and housed a pair of released show pigeons that bred on a neighbors roof, producing 4 lovely birds to entertain me and my son - 3 pure white like these guys, and one smokey grey. This last shot for today has a pair attempting romance - well, the guy bird was, but....

2 comments:

  1. Pulborough Brooks is a beautiful place. I hope you get to go on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well we might go again sometime - L wanted to walk round the woodland paths on the outside at some point.

    ReplyDelete