Thursday, March 14, 2019

BIRD NEWS:469



A female and two male chaffinches join a blackbird on the path at seed cafe in my first photos of the day. In my next shot, you can spot a great tit top left and a long tailed tit bottom right.



Here we see a greater spotted woodpecker tucking into a feast hidden behind a tree trunk. I spotted that one before Liz, although she identified it - as I get muddled between greater and lesser.



In this rather interesting picture you can spot a great tit watching the greater spotted woodpecker feast. Below are a pair of siskins on the ground feeding whilst above them goldfinches tuck in to the sunflower hearts.



I think this last shot for today shows a goldfinch and a greenfinch - I know it was around about this time that I took a couple of shots of a greenfinch coming into view - but the photo is not clear enough to tell if this is one of those shots or just a juvenile goldfinch with a parent.

2 comments:

  1. Today is a good day for a picture of a Greenfinch.

    I like the picture of the Great Tit and the Greater Woodpecker. They're hard to spot among all those branches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the wildness is partially wild, lol

    ReplyDelete