Saturday, March 16, 2019

BIRD NEWS:474



I did get closer to the mystery swan - but it hid its beak - so I still do not know if it is our Bewick or a Trumpeter. I found a pair of male mallards hanging out on the fence as I turned the corner.


In this action packed picture, we can see a mute swan, a pair of blacknecked swans - and a seagull, pigeon, and moorhen or coot amongst other birds. Oh look - I found another pigeon to take a picture of!!



I spotted a duck with a blue bill as I passed the Iraq area pond and took a couple of shots of it whilst passing by.


As I strolled onward, past the lakes leading up towards the cafe - before having a coffee and returning anti clockwise - I stopped to take a few photos of the magpie geese. In the first of these shots one was hanging out with a Nene and Mallard...


2 comments:

  1. That's a great shot of the pigeon on the rough-hewn fence.

    What's the Iraq area pond? They have species of birds from Iraq?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's right - though the Nenes from Hawaaii often hang out there too.

    ReplyDelete