Saturday, March 16, 2019

BIRD NEWS:473



I got to WWT just as it opened, and my first pictures were of the young Bewick swans. In fact, I also took a video which you can see HERE.

After I watched the cygnets for a while, I went to the next swan lake - to see the Trumpeters.



One was sitting about on their island, while the other swam around a little. I was wondering if the island sitting was a pre-nesting phase, as spring has started in some respects if not all.



Next, I wandered along clockwise to the wildflower area and on to the reedbeds - where I spotted a pair of geese hanging out on the cut reed piles. On the other side of the reedbeds were the infirmary cages. I spotted a swan - assumedly Mrs Bewick awaiting Mr Bewick #2 - but...I don't see any yellow on the beak, so am not sure - it still looks like another Trumpeter swan to me.


2 comments:

  1. I hope that's Mrs Bewick in there.

    Those are beautiful pictures of the tree reflecting in the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im thinking it must be....shes awaiting the next mate, but....
    yes, the trumpeters live in a scenic site

    ReplyDelete