Friday, March 15, 2019

BIRD NEWS:472


You can see a lapwing near by and shoveler at the rear in this mixed shot. Of course, Pulborough Brooks RSPB reserve means show pigeons - and me being a pigeon-lover, I had to grab just a couple of shots before leaving.



My last photograph from PB shows not only a show pigeon but a bluetit, of which there were plenty. Back at home, Wrenster has been active in the back yard as well as the frogs. February has brought a change in activity and I now have 3 starlings, a few robins and blackbirds, plenty of sparrows, the wren, a couple of wood pigeons, etc active in the yard.


Beatty the bluetit continues to fly down for a peanut or two most days, and I have spotted a pair of doves hanging out in the tree at the base of the yard. I hear them often also, but I think they are using a neighbor's yard for nesting. I took a photo of some pigeons on a neighbor's roof...



Looking at the bird feeder station in the back yard thru the kitchen window, you can see that my early-March purchase of a sunflower hearts feeder is still full. It was only there for less than 24 hours when I took the photo though.


My last shots of today's post were taken at Swanbourne Lake in Arundel on my early March trip. I caught a pair of pigeons hanging out with the teal and seagulls. I had popped into the park on my way to WWT as I was a bit early and it had not yet opened.

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear that there's so much activity in the backyard. Maybe the feline invader has gone away for good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope - they still roam - but they do realize if they get spotted i will chase them. latest problem is birds of prey, but thats more an incident than p[roblem - bird for bird.....

    ReplyDelete