Wednesday, March 27, 2019

BIRD NEWS:478




So who/what is this strange creature hanging out with the shelduck and the gulls?



It spent a lot of time splashing in the water - then preening...and looked like it had a small circle on its chest - either of darker color or a wound. Was it an Egyptian goose or Ruddy shelduck - had it been shot or was the patch normal?



After the mystery bird, I took a shot of Emporer geese on my way towards the exit and bus home. It was not my very last shot of the day though - as just as I was about to pop my camera into my bag, I heard a robin - and as I watched, it flew down closer to me and sung right in front of me.


1 comment:

  1. Not the brown stripe then. I hope he wasn't shot, but he's lucky to be alive if he was. Maybe he's just a nonconformist. Maybe the patch will spread through the population if he's successful at mating.

    That Robin is cute. :D

    ReplyDelete