Wednesday, May 6, 2015

BIRD NEWS:33 & missing eagle





Bluey and Naboo settled down a bit when music played after the brief TV silence. Bluey was still bouncing about his cage, though - and not remaining in the same perching place for long.




Naboo spotted my camera again, for the third time, and once more he did his 'I am shy' act. I did manage to grab one more shot before leaving and making my way on to Brighton, though.


Back home, during the final few days of the month, life continued in the yard. A pair of goldfinches popped onto the tree for a moment and flew off again. I was wondering if they had seen the seed, as I know they usually nest in a local tree. Pidge and the gang - at least 4 wood pigeons currently visit the windowsill - are still hanging about, shooing one another away.

When I put seed and suet out on the windowsill, someone always swoops down quite fast. Curio sometimes flies down before I shut the window; Mr Black waits in the tree but doesn't fly away when I open the window; the starling gang do likewise to Mr Black. Chackie got so hungry he even flew nearby and grabbed a beakful on his way past.

HERE is a link to an article about a lost eagle in Great Britain.

4 comments:

  1. That's interesting. Silence makes the guys uncomfortable, but they like music and noise.

    I wonder if that eagle will return home by itself eventually, or try to create a new nesting place. I suppose it depends on how well it was treated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think it was more surprise/curiosity than anything. When the TV is on, and pioctures move, there generally is sound too. They seemed to wonder what was going wrong... I havent heard any more on the eagle - will hve to google-search and see if there is an update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'd like to know if he was found safely. And if he grabbed any domesticated animals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good news - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-32609103

    ReplyDelete