Saturday, May 9, 2015

BIRD NEWS:34 & the effects of the quake & nightingale noises

The last few days of April presented me with more opportunities to photograph the pigeons. Firstly, one of the older pigeons decided to land on the stone bird bath whilst my camera was handy...
 





...allowing for some decent-posed shots. This is one of the fairly young, but not very young birds of the group. Next, I caught a parent bird on the bird table, peeping at me through the rose arch debris.




That last shot is not a pigeon - but a dove. Later on, I had my camera upstairs and managed to catch a few shots of Ditty and partner hanging out in my tree. They were staring at the windowsill as if to say - 'well, sometimes there is food there...' Alas, I did not want to scare them by replacing what had already been gobbled with fresh seed, so they had to go without. They did however offer me the chance to grab a few pictures.




HERE is the link to an article concerning the effect of the recent quake...
HERE is the link to a recording of a nightingale. 

3 comments:

  1. Those are great shots of the birdbath. I always love those.

    Are you sure Ditty would be scared away if you put out more food? She must have seen you do it before at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, Ditty knows i provide the food in the yard/sill areas - but she still doesn;t trust me - these birds are NOT tame, like the ones in Wollongong were. Once the pigeons THERE knew i provided food, they flew at me whenever i appeared - several of them landed on my wrist/hand/hed/shoulders when I took a tub of seed out and tried to stick their hed sin the seed tub before i emptied it - but not here. here, they fly away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's too bad. It's a shame that they can't be so tame everywhere.

    ReplyDelete