Thursday, December 24, 2015

BIRD NEWS:100


What a collection of birds I saw as I peeped over the fence on approach - geese, ducks, coots - and out of sight - swans, moorhens, seagulls, 'big black birds' and more! The geese were greeting me warmly, as I walked towards their gate, making me feel at home.



I seemed to be quite popular among these geese - although I did not bring any food with me.



I had traveled fairly light, expecting the beer van to be present. I hasten to add that I had planned to buy a pair of Christmas themed beers for my son, who had requested beer to be his Christmas gift. Alas, said beer van was not present this year, although it had been on the two former occasions that I had gone along. I don't know if I should take a sack of bird seed or travel light next year, now...




3 comments:

  1. Happy 100th post. :)

    Those close-ups of the geese are wonderful. They have such interesting faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, in this blog - i have 3-400 at my old bird blog. i thought that too - and i think that one is cute with the funny feathers fashion look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I wish you hadn't lost all those posts when they screwed up your other blog.

    ReplyDelete