Tuesday, December 15, 2015

BIRD NEWS:95 & video


Yes! This shot shows clearly that we now have THREE doves in situ, hopefully for the entire winter season and beyond. Ditty and partner must have a youngster still with them!

Regular readers may recall that last year I attended the 'Arundel by Candlelight' Christmas do and posted a few pictures afterwards. This year, I went along for the third time. My first half hour was taken up walking along the road beside the moat taking pictures as I strolled along towards and into Swanborne Lake.




As you can see the first group I encountered were a swan, some cygnets, and a group, of ducks. I lingered around taking photos for a while, before wandering a little further along the moat.




Oh look - a moorhen! Yes, as I wandered along a short distance further, sure enough a moorhen was pecking at the grass on the moat-side.

Finally - a sweet video - HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you found the mother lode of birds that day. I love that little canal or moat.

    That's a cute video, especially the slo mo. Is she feeding them because they have no mother?

    ReplyDelete
  2. and there are tons more pics from that moat to go!!!! Not sure about the video - I just came across it and thought it worth sharing.

    ReplyDelete