Sunday, December 20, 2015

BIRD NEWS:98


Refreshing regular readers' minds, I took multiple wildfowl shots on a recent trip to Arundel when attending a Christmas celebration in town. The birds were of more interest than Christmas to me, as I am sure you can tell my the abundance of pictures.



Next along the moat walk I spotted a coot and a moorhen hanging out together, chewing grass. There were some ducks behind them too, swimming about in the moat.


A brief flash back to the yard at home - winter is now in situ and although we have only had 2-3 very cold days and one severe frost as yet, it is cold enough for the birds to once again start to recall that catching my attention means food might be given to them.

I have noticed that Curio and Mr Black are instantly in situ whenever I open the bedroom window - they must have learned to listen out for the sound of that window opening!!

3 comments:

  1. Birds are smart. I'm surprised they don't knock when they're hungry. :D

    That little moat is so great. So many different kinds of birds flocking around together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, its a lovely place, Arundel - not much there unless you like birds, walking, antiques, chruches, etc - but if you like walking, birds, olde worlde villages, etc, then its nice for a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely a place I would like.

    ReplyDelete