Wednesday, December 23, 2015

BIRD NEWS:99




The coot and moorhens were still munching casually as I lazily wandered along the moatside path. The coot then swam across the moat, forbidding me to take a close-up shot of it.



But I managed a shot of the moorhen, who was already on the other side, before walking even further alongside the moat towards my goal. On arrival, I took a photograph to demonstrate the purpose of my visit - the abundance of birdlife. I realized my blog has been rather thin of late, due to not going out much and the local guys having been autumnally absent. I wanted photos, and photos I got!



As I walked alongside the lake, the above pair of shots were taken, as I rounded the corner towards the gates, I was greeted by a group of geese. What a pleasant welcome!


3 comments:

  1. Hah. I love the geese strolling along the road. And that shot of the castle across the lake is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's just a kiosk or boat house... but it does look cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it looks pretty big for a boat house. The castle must be really huge. :D

    ReplyDelete