Tuesday, December 29, 2015

BIRD NEWS:101 & links



One of the geese was staring at me and allowed me to go right up to it for photos, while another goose was taking a gargle-drink out from a puddle. Meanwhile, the other birds were relaxing and not at all bothered my my presence, which was pleasant for me. It appears that Arundel must be the place to come for friendly birds, for the Angmering ones are quite untamed in comparison, despite my feeding them regularly and their knowing so.



The duck was dozing while the coot nibbled. The gulls gathered round hopefully, and what look like jackdaws - but might not be as I did not get close enough to see their eyes - were hanging out with their waterfowl cousins. Of course, it being the start of winter, the boats were safely locked up and the kiosk shut - no ice creams or chilled soda to buy or row boats for hire today! Luckily, that was not my visits purpose; the birds were and there were plenty of them!



That one goose was still drinking in gargle fashion at the puddle a few minutes later...



Over 78,000 winged visitors in Pong Dam lake this year - find out more HERE.

HEREis the link to the 2016 RSPB birdwatch.

2 comments:

  1. There sure are lots of birds of all different types. Is that the same building in the background of the second-to-last picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am not sure...it might be the moat float or the kiosk...

    ReplyDelete