Wednesday, December 30, 2015

BIRD NEWS:102


It drank, and drank, and drank! Meanwhile, a duck joined it whilst its brothers waddled down the road outside the lake-park and the other birds vegetated peacefully. As I prepared to leave the park after 5-10 minutes to slowly make my way back to town and see if the festivities had 'begun' properly as yet, the geese were still hanging about the gates to greet visitors to their home.


I took a last sweep round with the camera, as I walked away... and left the lake to head back along the moat, my camera not in its case for more than 1-2 minutes as I ambled along.



On my way back, I caught more action in the moat - such as this duck preening itself whilst standing on a pipe - possibly a sewer pipe - hmm, royal pee n poop anyone?



It was getting a little darker now as the clouds began to gather strongly, although it was not yet evening darkness causing the dimness of my next photo - spotting a pair of pigeons in a tree, I just had to take a picture, didn't I!

2 comments:

  1. That's a nice picture-- silhouettes of birds and branches against a melancholy sky.

    Hopefully that pipe is just a drainage pipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. more to come of those - wll the pipe is there, but exactly what for i am unsure....

    ReplyDelete