Thursday, October 6, 2016

BIRD NEWS:233



There was one young gull who came near to me and stood around peacefully after screeching for a little while. I was trying to spot the beach gang pigeons though - to see if any recalled me from previous visits. One appeared to...



Still the gull hung about hopefully, despite the only item coming out of my bag being a camera...



...and the beach bird stood nearby too - until also spotting nothing edible issuing from my hands on this trip.

My next trip was to Arundel - regular readers will know what to expect! Here are the 'grown-up' juveniles wandering about - one has a damaged wing - or maybe moulting a large feather?



This trip I spent a total of around 3 hours at the reserve - if you include my coffee break. Once again, I included some info-boards so readers would not be bored with my ramblings but have some knowledge beyond 'awwwwww.....'


4 comments:

  1. I hope he's just moulting. I wonder if there's any fighting among the birds at Arundel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be - unsure though, as none of the others have loose feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd think they'd have nothing to fight over with all that room and plenty of food.

    ReplyDelete