Friday, October 21, 2016

BIRD NEWS:240



Back to my Arundel trip taken mid-September. Another duck and more info boards. I wonder what might come up next...


...oh what a surprise, it is another pigeon or two with a wood duck! OOOH, looks like a mating ritual going on between show pigeon and city-racer pigeon!



Next up, male eiders. I also shot a short VIDEO of them, as they have an interesting call. Unlike the mallards, where the females do most of the 'quacking', male eiders seem to be the noisy ones!


Back home, and one morning I looked out of the window before raising the blind for the day and spotted a busy goldfinch. It was nibbling at the Niger seed Liz gave me! Later in the day it returned and spent around 5 minutes munching the seed...

2 comments:

  1. I like the video. I vote for more videos. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, maybe I will take another video on my next trip to the reserve! I plan to return in 2-3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete